Setting the example for keeping seniors active
At our campus, we understand that simply keeping everyone busy cannot be the main focus. To provide the best quality of life, we offer a wide variety of activities that promote excitement and allow residents to socialize with one another.
Keeping a dedicated focus on physical and emotional stimulation and fostering an environment that encourages others to see and try new things in life are keys to our activity plan. We truly value people and empower them to make a difference. We nurture their talents and reward their contributions. For above all, our activity program is the business of the human spirit. Through the core values of respect, responsibility, teamwork, integrity, and professionalism, we seek to inspire a strong sense of family and commitment. And together, create the opportunity that will point us toward an even better tomorrow! In helping get to that place, we also welcome volunteers, family, community members and group involvement at all times and they play a vital role in our campus.
“Wellness” promotes living life to the fullest, remaining active and meaningfully engaged. We fully embrace this philosophy and provide programs and events in the following five dimensions of health:
- Physical Wellness – Fitness equipment, chair exercise, walking club, yoga, dancing, corn hole, balloon parachute, beach ball toss, kickball, Wii games, horseshoes, ping pong, and stretching classes.
- Social Wellness – Monthly birthday parties, holiday parties, group games, weekly social hour, red hat society, kind heart ministries, shopping trips, ladies tea, lunch brunch, excursions outside the facility, men’s club, and live music.
- Spiritual Wellness – Church services, bible study, prayer group, meditation, spiritual music, and special programs at local churches.
- Intellectual Wellness – Discussion groups, book club, health lectures, computer class, current events, memory enhancements, trivia, writing group, table games, jigsaw puzzles, book tapes, and craft class.
- Emotional Wellness – Music therapy, art therapy, stress management, loss/grief support, pastoral care, reminiscence, journaling, pet therapy, and gardening.
Every month we hold resident meetings that allow everyone to voice their opinions on what they enjoy to do and what they would like to see on the next month’s schedule. Our goal is to give every resident a voice and to place their needs, wants, and desires before our own.